Smart Football has moved!

Please check out the new site, smartfootball.com. All future updates will be made there.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Corner Routes/3-Verticals

Just wanted to mention that I watched the bowl game between Arizona St and Rutgers, and Arizona St used the 3-vertical play at least 10 if not 15 times. Rutgers runs a lot of Cover 2 (HC Schiano came from Miami where he did the same thing) and this is maybe the best play against it. They ran it from all kinds of sets, from gun, with play action, etc. ASU racked up over 600 yards of offense and I swear at least 200 or 250 and several TDs came off this one pass play. Check out this old article I did on the play here.

1 comment:

Ted Seay said...

Chris: I like the 3-verts so much against Cover 2 that I have converted my 4-verts package to adjust automatically to 3-verts when the QB gets a MOFO read pre-snap...